Hi Ho, Hi Ho, I'm Off to Tokyo!


Hello!
こんにちは!
My name is Samantha Ortibus and let me tell you, something big is about to happen in my life!
 サマンサと申します。著大ニュースがあります!

I'm moving from this:
これは私の田舎ですけど…
Wallaceburg, Ontario
Population: 10,000
To this!
ここにもうすぐに行きます!
Tokyo, Japan
Population: 13,000,000
That's right! My bags are packed and so my crazy shoe collection and I are going to move to Tokyo! After years of studying and making all of the necessary preparations, I've finally taken the last leap towards my dream of working as an ESL teacher in Japan. 
そうですね!私の二つかばんは埋め尽くしますが、東京に行きます!四年ぐらい、日本語を勉強して、色々な準備をしました。ついに私の夢は届きました。

I was bit by the Japanese adoration bug at a very young age. First it was Sailor Moon, then it was manga, which swiftly led into J-pop and J-dramas. After that I couldn't get enough of Japan. I had to know the language, the culture, the history. Japan has been a long admired destination that sparked the wanderlust inside of me and thanks to the JET Programme, I now have the chance to see what life is like in Tokyo as I will spend a year exchanging language and culture within an all-girls private junior and senior high school. 
すごく若い年に日本が始めて大好きでした。初めに好きな事は美少女戦士セーラームーン。その後は漫画とドラマとJ-ポップです。高校生の時、日本の言語と文化と歴史を習たかった。本当に日本は私の一番住む場所です。今、Jet Programme お陰です、チャンスがあります!東京の女子高校で英語を教えてつもりです!

Though it's sad to say goodbye to a place that is so familiar and homey to me, I can't wait to meet all of my fellow co-teachers, students, and Tokyo JETs that are already awaiting me in Japan. This is going to be such a wonderful and unpredictable adventure. I know it might be trivial, but thank you for checking out my blog and if you'd like to join me on my journeys, please feel free to check out more of my other posts.
さようならと言うは寂しいですけど、私の学生と他の教師と東京のJETsと合うことをすごく楽しみです。これから私の素晴らしくて予測不能な冒険を始まる!

If you have any travelling tales you would like to share, or even if you have any questions for me, please comment below or send me an email at samortibus@gmail.com
旅行物語とか質問があればぜひ私に遅れてお願いします。

I hope to fill this space with funny stories, beautiful pictures, and helpful resources for fellow teachers, but for now, this 自己紹介 (introduction) is all I've got.
このブログは面白い物語と綺麗写真と便利な教師の資源を書きたいですけど、今私の自己紹介はおしまいです。

(P.s For privacy issues, I will not be sharing information about my school, nor will I be posting any pictures of my students in which their faces are visible. そして、私の日本語はまだ上手じゃありません…すみません!多分たくさん文法の間違うを書きます。私は頑張ります!>_< )

I'll see you soon in Tokyo!
-Samantha

2 comments :

  1. Good luck Samantha! be safe! John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I am travelling Tokyo right along with you!! I cannot wait to read more!!
    Be safe - and also be your wonderful self ---- they will LOVE you!!
    Sue Fournie

    ReplyDelete